This is a modification of the Diamond Double Layer pattern, with the difference that the vertical and the horizontal electrodes are all placed within the same layer. 3D-shaped bridges on the Z axis are used to separate the horizontal and vertical electrodes and also connect the diamonds of the one group of electrodes (either transmitters or receivers). In Sense the bridges are placed at the vertical electrodes:
The parameters of Diamond Co-Planar pattern:
- Without insulator:
- Wx and Wy are the cell dimensions (in mm)
- g is the gap between the diamonds (in mm)
- bx and by are values of the bridge width of vertical and horizontal electrodes, respectively (in mm).
- Lb is the length of the bridge that connects the vertical electrodes (in mm).
Please note that the height of the bridge is defined in StackUp.
- With insulator:
With this option you can add insulator bricks just below the bridges:
- WD is the width of the bridge that connects the vertical electrodes (in mm).
The length of the insulator is equal to that of the bridges (Lb).