- The browser that SENSE operates on is Google Chrome. In case you are using another one, please migrate to Google Chrome for a seamless operation.
- Layout - Import dxf: Each separate group of elements must be placed in a separate layer. All elements, including traces as well, must be designed as (Closed) Polylines or LWPolylines, apart from Vias which should be designed as Circles.
- Layout - Import Gerber: Importing a Gerber file requires 8-cores. Make sure you have available resources before you import a new Gerber file
- Layout: Don't forget to add an Outline; and make sure that is not overlapping with any element of your design.
- Layout: If your layout includes Traces, make sure that they are connected with the respective Electrodes. Proper connection is understood by the software if there is common surface from the overlap of the two entities. Traces that are not connected to an Electrode must be imported as Shielding Layer.
- StackUp: If your layout includes Vias, they must be properly placed in the respective tab in the StackUp:
- StackUp: Every Conductive Layer must have an Orientation assigned; either Top or Bottom. Top means that the designated thickness will be added to the thickness of the dielectric Layer above it; Bottom respectively for the one below it.
- StackUp: Neglecting to add Thickness in one of the Dielectric Layers will NOT cause the simulation to fail. This Layer will simply not be taken into account in the simulations
- Pointers: Every created volume must be assigned a material, conductive or dielectric.
- Analysis: After making changes in the design (either StackUp or Layout) you need to set up a new analysis (not re-run the old one)